Thread: New type of BOV
View Single Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by 930gt-40r View Post
hey, speaking of wastegates, does anyone in here have experience with the Tial 44 v-band gate with a large frame turbo? I am going to run a divided T-4 housing on my 37 for quicker spool-up and wanted to know if I should maybe purchase a second 44 wastegate to regulate it. I know that the V-band housing is much newer and more efficiant than our old 46 gates.

P.s Is anyone interested in a Tial 46 gate, I got one for sale.
From my personal experience with setting up and tuning divided housings I find that it's best to regulate boost on both housing volutes, so you'd end up having a WG on either bank of the motor. It's not completely necessary if you're not using a true divided header setup(like if you bolted a divided housing to a standard flange header setup) but then at that rate you're not seeing the true benefit of a divide housing either. You'll have better control over boost levels and spikes with twin wastegates, and obviously better spool with a true divided manifold.

I've used the Tial 44mm valves with GT35's before and really didn't have a problem. Maybe a little bit of creep way up top on larger(3.5L+) engines but nothing really drastic. The new V-band flange wastegates do flow quite a bit better than the old four bolt housing did even though a little bit smaller in seat size.

I'd still use two wastegates though, just for the absolute best possible control over boost.

Hope that helps...
Old 01-28-2008, 09:01 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #45 (permalink)