Thread: New type of BOV
View Single Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoxxerSix View Post
-lots of text-
Adam,
I read the description but I need to check if I got it right.

Synopsis:
If I understood it right you have Mitsu EVO 8 with MIVEC 4g63 engine and Mitsu TD04 16g turbo with twin scroll input. Engine is stock apart from EFI being tunable. You increased boost to 24 psi and you have low load bucking problem associated with BOV dumping on throttle movements?

You mended the problem by running boost at 29 and dumping overboard 5 psi in-between by controllable pop-off?

Couple of questions:

1. Is ECU based on speed-density (=MAP sensor) or does it have metering device (hot wire?) I guess there is an AMM.

2. If metering device is present, how is it attached to turbo intake and what are lengths between filter-AMM-turbo?

3. Is OEM BOV of recirculating type? If yes, where is recirculation connected on plumbing in respect to filter-AMM-turbo? Is your new BOV also recirculating or open?

4. Is throttle operated by cable or is it TBW (electric)?

5. Do you have compressor map for your turbo? (I might have it if it's ordinary TD04 map)

And last, which puzzles me: Is you BOV venting air even at the low loads? I mean, if you tried to solve the problem with bleeding all boost above 24psi, you BOV would be kept shut under 24 psi and thus wouldn't bleed any air at low loads where you have the problem, no?

Regards,
Goran
Old 01-29-2008, 03:25 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #46 (permalink)