Thread: New type of BOV
View Single Post

930gt-40R.......yes I actually do remember the old VR-4's and first gen DSM's having a similar issue. It seems Mitsu amplified the scenario on this chassis. I'm not familiar with The Shop. I'd love to stop by some time and sit and shoot the s**t with you guys. This time of year I'm sloooooooo as all hell anyway Shoot me an address or something in a message and I'll see if I can come on down anytime soon. I was just down at Dan's shop(Hairy Dog) last week doing a PPI on an '93 RSA for my buddy....

copbait73....thank you for the comments. It's been some time now since I initially started this daunting task. I did get your message and it's funny what you mentioned there as I was thinking myself if there was a way to machine an anti-surge style inlet to the compressor housing and see if it made any effect on the issue in it's own right.

Turbo is a TD05-16g(big wheel) on the car OEM, just not exactly sure yet if there's anything super special about it aside from the twin scroll turbine.

I think I am going to try and locate a lone compressor housing to give this a shot as well. I've machined compressor housings before to accept larger wheels, but have never attempted to machine in an anti-surge style inlet to a compressor housing that didn't have one from the start. Equpiment to do the work isn't the problem but rather I have no idea about the math involved in properly setting one up as such. Any thoughts...????

Hmmmmmmmmm..........
Old 01-29-2008, 01:29 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #51 (permalink)