Thread: New type of BOV
View Single Post

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by beepbeep View Post
Hmm if this is true then I guess we could blame Mitsu engineeers for choosing enginee/turbo combo suspectable to mild bucking under certain conditions? Thus this isolated problem could be mended in quite unorthodoxal way (by fitting controllable boost leak, to the tune of -15HP) but I hope we still agree that pop-off is bad thing and that BOV is a BOV is a BOV, and that there is nothing magical or power-producing in them

[/IMG]
Goran, I hope my reply doesn't sound like a lecture but once Adam moved from a 100% stock engine this operating condition was no longer a deficiency on the part of the Mitsubishi engineers. For the same reason you can not bring in their credentials to support assumptions of how far modifications have moved from some implied "safety zone".
I can make a blanket state regarding OE turbocharged cars. Their operating system components are closely matched for life vs cost to the specified power output. This means all attempts of power upgrade will compromise this balance and almost without exception in a negative direction. This is the technical and very real justification for voiding warranties when powertrain alterations are made by the owner.

Last edited by copbait73; 01-31-2008 at 11:25 AM..
Old 01-31-2008, 09:19 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #65 (permalink)