View Single Post
DPHANS

Smile

Sorry guys. Because of the time difference, my reply will alwas be late.
Let me explain: It started up for a few years ago, My son bought a 964 RS.
It had almost the same power as my DP 935 Coupe (3.0L t) At that moment my intension was to get a 3,6 engine to start with, I cant lay down when he have a faster car, Ok I found one nice engine on E-Bays.
I won the betting, I made the down payment, Later I was contacted by some other buyers of the same engine!. My money was gone. I was short of time to
find a Hiperf budget engine. I have an old 2.7 engine(1975) to start with
This was my criteria: Minimum 400 hp. Street legal. emission Ok, and also cheap.
when I strip down the engine I found 92mm cylinder kit from Mahle. I did a valve job with new valve springs. lower the compression ratio to 7.5 with spacers, was 9.5
under the cylinders. I made also a plenum chamber in SS. At my local junkyard I found 2 new turbos TD 04/12 Original on a Volvo 1.8 L for the Italian market, 2x190 hp. (on low boost press) incl Internal dump valves !. very effective turbos and in a small size.
Now I must find a CIS (K-Jetronic) for a 8 cylinder car. From a Volvo GR A car that was standing at another junkyard went to be mine very cheap, who wants
to have a K-jettronic ? probably it was coming from a 928 or a MB V8.
Maximum hp with this CIS system is 400hp-450hp. This was the figures I have in my head since the eighties. Its a simple system, more air, more fuel. I was not able to spend any money to "map" the fuel system as you must do on a modern system. with the CIS system its no need. I just check the CO during driving. Just add more injector if it runs to lean.
On boost pressure 0,7 bar. the engine was running a little to rich, with 1.0 bar it was Ok.
Hell the car runs good. Now I add 2 extra injectors(Saab) before the plenum. , Whops 1.4 bar was Ok. The 930/4 tranny became a short shifting gear box! next step was go to 2.0 bar. 2 extra primer (cold start valve) injectors. controlled by an adjustable valve, and I mix 20% Ethanol in fuel.
Ok no fuel economy. but who cares.
Thatís where I am today.
Old 01-31-2008, 12:43 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #66 (permalink)