Thread: New type of BOV
View Single Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoxxerSix View Post
Goran/copbait73......knowing what you know about turbochargers and compressor maps what do you think is required(mathematically) to build an anti-surge compressor housing?

I know the theory behind the technology and how/why it works, but is there a true science to it all or rather just a simple series of ports just behind the leading edge of the compressor inducer that vents"recirculates surge back
into the intake tract before the inducer? any formulas math involved to determine size/placement of the post inducer ports or is it a shoot from the hip kinda deal?

I've got a few comp housings on the way here to toss in the CNC and cad some stuff up for machining, but if I have a good idea/starting point it'll help me get this moving much quicker. I've got about 5 weeks to tinker with this idea before I have to give this particular car back to the customer ready for racing

-Adam
Hmm...I own a Garret GT40 (soon to go in my Audi S4) with anti-surge mumbo jumbo inlet but frankly, I don't quite understand how it works. The anti-surge pockets don't look like something you could machine into compressor housing as intake mouth is much bigger on one with anti-surge.

Antisurge:

Without:

The anti-surge part pushes the surge line to the left felt where mass flow is low but pressure ratio is high.

Old 01-31-2008, 02:47 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #70 (permalink)