Thread: New type of BOV
View Single Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by copbait73 View Post
Goran, sorry, forgot the BOV. Yes, I agree a BOV is just that. Simple part, simple function.
Actually I liked the days when we pressurized carbs, before CIS, EFI and BOVs. With no BOV, the turbo chuffed on shifts (a nice pneumatic sound ) and tweedled down during downshifts just like the MFI Porsche road racers and the Indy cars of the times. I never experienced, nor heard of, the dreaded turbo thrust bearing failure. I'm not sure how modern EFI will handle elimination of the BOV but I intend to try it.
I was fortunate to grow up in Indianapolis and I lived for May and the Indy 500. I followed it's progression from roadster to rear engine, then to TURBO motors. That was my hook, and 36 years in the business I still love turbos.

Hehe...a guy I know happend to have a old 935 in his shed (with correct flat fan and water intercoolers). I checked out the motor and it actually had a sort of BOV. It had pop-offs actuated by throttle. When you lift off throttle, those pop-offs open

Had pictures of it somewhere...
Old 01-31-2008, 02:00 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #72 (permalink)