Thread: New type of BOV
View Single Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoxxerSix View Post

here's a picture behind Garretts anti-surge and roughly what it does:

The function of the anti-surge basically reroutes some airflow back in front of the inducer to stave off surge a bit longer, in this essence like you said pushing the surge line farther left away from the choke. From the picture the technology looks quite simple, but i'm sure it's a mess to figure out. I've got to give it a shot though in nothing else.
Hmm...Garrett's antisuge channels actually portrude to compressor blades. Turbonetics mumbojumbed intake looks like nothing else but few holes not actually connecting anything?

Frankly, I'm quite skeptic when it comes to aftermarket modifications of turbochargers. There are heaps of shops claiming to "improve" turbochargers but they cannot prove anything. No maps, no nothing. Turbocharger test rigs cost millions of dollars and these guys only machine a couple of grooves and claim it's "a black art". Clipping wings is probably the worst "improvement". It buggers up the efficiency but pushes the surge line somewhat...
Old 01-31-2008, 02:31 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #75 (permalink)