View Single Post
Registered

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1fastredsc View Post
If you do a lot of city driving than a hybrid will shine. The brake regenerative system and a quick to warm up gas engine give it great city mileage. Diesels from my experience, owned one and worked on two others, do better on long trips and highways. I think part of that is because they take longer to warm up, and during warm up just like gas engines they take an extra shot of fuel. BTW, i'd wait until other manufacturers start bringing their diesels here because the VW TDI of late (1999-last year) is garbage.
Just to add, my MZ3 has been getting a steady 30-31 mpg since new, it's much nicer inside and to drive than it's price would have you believe.
I would be careful on that, my boss has the Prius with ESP and the braking system, he's trading it in after three months. His wife and newborn went through a stoplight twice now, absolutely no brakes. If you goolge it you will find others with the same issue. Dealer denies, but people are getting seriously hurt in them.
1980 911 SC
1999 996 Cab
Old 02-01-2008, 08:13 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #35 (permalink)