View Single Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by les_garten View Post
I have some questions. What does a "Combo" mean.

Like Wideband Combo?

If you order a wideband combo, does it come with the sensor, ditto for all the others? Is it turn key, nothing else to sourced for whatever options are selected?

I asked a few questions in the original thread about the interface that is presented to the customer that I still need answered.

Can the oil pressure option be used for Fuel Pressure?

Les
The wideband combo is the factory OBC tachometer combined with the OLCD display and includes the display control module ,wideband module and wideband sensor , connecting cables and software CD in a kit.

The boost /vac combo is the factory OBC tachometer combined with the OLCD display and includes the display control module, boost/ vacuum module and sensor, connecting cables and software CD in a kit.

The combos for the 911/930 are the same.

All of the kits can have other sensors and the corresponding modules added so that many sensors can be monitored from a single display. Every sensor has a module that controls it and links it to the display. It is possibly to connect as many as 32 sensors and modules to a single display ----- more than anyone is likely to ever need. It would be possible, for example to have 6 exhaust gas temperature sensors, 2 air temp sensors, 2 wideband sensors, and oil pressure, and oil temperature all monitored from a single display. This is more than most would even consider but it is possible.

The modified tach is plug and play. The sensors will have to have to be installed and the modules for each sensor will need to be located and powered by a switched 12 volt source. No other parts need to be sourced.

I missed your question about the interface and I am not sure what you are asking. On the 965/993 cars the factory OBC stalk is used to control the display. ON the 911/930 cars the display is controlled by a wired remote. There is a USB port on the display control module that you can connect to a laptop in order to upload custom gauge faces, wall papers, and sensor updated.

The oil pressure sensor has not been approved for fuel.
Old 02-01-2008, 08:25 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)