View Single Post

Considering a 930

After a life of dreaming it looks like I may have the opportunity to purchase a 930 in the near future. I feel like my technical research is nearly complete but I still have a few questions about these cars that only owners can answer. I plan to use this 930 as a primary vehicle for a short commutes and as a weekend toy, I will also have a backup vehicle available if the Porsche is down for service (I'm not expecting Camry reliability). Most of my questions pertain to day to day usability of the 930.

1. Can these cars handle steep driveways? My driveway is steep and has an abrupt transition from the street. 930s seem to have decent ground clearance and short overhangs so I'm hoping I'll be ok. Any issues with parking on an incline with the dry sump oil system? Is the parking brake strong when adjusted properly?

2. How do they run when cold? How much driving does it take before they are up to operating temp?

3. In a 4 speed car what RPM do they cruise at around 75-80mph?

4. How are they for road trips? My search for a good 930 has me looking all over the country, it is possible that my test drive may be followed by a 1000+ miles trip back home. Is this advisable or should I factor shipping into the price?

5. Can I post PCA classified cars here? When it comes time to buy I plan on asking this community about the car to get the group consensus. Any issues with that?

Thank you all for your time, hopefully I will be joining you all very soon. Also if you have any newbie required reading please point me in the right direction.

Last edited by willtel; 02-04-2008 at 09:47 AM.. Reason: spelling
Old 02-04-2008, 07:55 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)