Thread: DE Question
View Single Post

DE Question

I am considering doing my first DE in a few weeks. Couple questions for you guys in the know...
1. Is Roebling Road a good place to start or should I wait for a Sebring event to be my first?
2. 930 or 944 for first DE event? I autocrossed the 930 yesterday for the first time and fell in love all over again. I have autocrossed my 944 for the last 15 years so I am very comfortable with it but jeez... that 930 was absolutely amazing yesterday.
3. Are DE's family friendly? I have two little guys (5&7) and would love to bring them along but not sure if they will get bored and completely harrass my wife.
4. Place to stay... most say downtown Savannah but that does not seem like the place where all the "socializing" happens in the evenings.
5. Graduating from Green to Blue... how many laps/hours/days does it take before you don't need a ride-along anymore?
6. Any other advice for a longtime autox but virgin DE. I can't wait to experience what one of these cars will do on a real track...

Any advice is always appreciated!!!
Engine Rebuild & Restorations
Old 02-04-2008, 09:21 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)