View Single Post

Garage
Send a message via AIM to Razorback1980
The central locking area is probably normal. The light problem is probably one or both of the door switches that turn the interior lights on and off. I would suggest taking them out and unplugging them and see if the drain is still the same. If that stops the 20mA drain, then replace the door switches. If it is, then keep unplugging things in the circuit until the drain doesn't cause that much of a difference.

I'm am far from a stereo expert, but should your amp and bass unit suppose to be wired with them having power with the key off? Shouldn't that only have power when you have the key in the accessorie or run positions? I know the stereo should have power all the time on certain leads to keep things like station presets but I wouldn't think you would want that for the amp or bass units.

When you fix those problems, then it should be around 60 or 70 for a drain number and that is about right IIRC.

1990 944S2 Cabriolet
2002 Chevy Silverado 2500HD
2003 Maroon Ford F350 dually

Last edited by Razorback1980; 02-04-2008 at 12:50 PM..
Old 02-04-2008, 12:46 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)