Thread: Bubbles???
View Single Post

Anytime I've seen oil foam like that it is from air getting sucked into the oil system. It's extremely common on 944's due to the design of their oil pickup system. I know that's irrelavant in this case due to your dry sump setup but the oil looks the same as what I've seen in those cases. Most times the oil getting scavenged from a 911 motor is full of air anyways since the scavenge side of the pump can "outrun" what is draining into the case. This air gurgles it's way through the lines and cooler(if hot enough) and eventually settles out in the oil tank. It eventually gets pulled back into the induction by way of those annoying vent hoses on top of your motor. I would make sure the hose going into the back of the aircleaner from the tank is not pinched. I believe the 86 930 has an air/oil separator on the right side near the tank that drained oil from the breather back into the tank as well. Not sure how to test it though. And of course you could always try a different oil if that is not too blasphemous to an amsoil user I've had good luck with Brad Penn, it's the old Kendall formula before they sold out to CONaco (I've had trouble with the "new" Kendall) My $.02 as well, good luck hope it helps.

P.S. Miguel, How's that beautiful brown turbo?
Old 02-05-2008, 07:56 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #13 (permalink)