View Single Post

It would load up but not to the same extent as the car did when I had only the Andial unit active. The RPM solenoid does allow me to delay the initial dump of fuel. In order to come even remotely close to a safe AFR at full boost and 5,000 RPMs I had to have the Andial cranked to 5. Even then I was well into the unsafe zone.

I don't claim to be an expert on this, I can speak only from my personal experience. I have run the car with the Andial, with the Andial and a Ported Fuel Head, an Adjustable WUR and a Ported Fuel Head and finally an Adjustable WUR, RPM Solenoid and Ported Fuel Head. My personal experience tells me that the Andial unit is lack luster at best (at least with my application).

I'm not looking to get into a theoretical debate on the matter because frankly I don't understand the theory. I just know what worked and what didn't work for me in my car.

Another thing to keep in mind is that when that unit was initially designed, almost nobody was running big hybrid K27s or ball bearing turbos in their 930s. They were running stock units, 7200s or 7006s, which don't in anyway have the ability to maintain 1+ Bar of boost at the upper ends of the RPM curve like the newer turbos can. As a result the Andial may have worked just fine back in the day for the applications that people were running around with. Today, for me, it falls short.

Last edited by 930LDR; 02-05-2008 at 10:23 AM..
Old 02-05-2008, 10:20 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #24 (permalink)