Thread: Bubbles???
View Single Post
Forced Induction Junkie

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miguel Antonett View Post
Water evaporates at 100*C or 212*F.

If you never get that oil pass 80*C you might have condensation/water in the oil; however that would turn the oil milky not bubbles My2c.

May be too many "short trips" not allowing the oil to heat up properly. Take the car for a long hard drive - checking the temp gage to be sure all is OK.
Ok, I may be nic-picking here, but this comment I have seen posted by various members here. Water changes from a liquid to a gaseous state(vapor) at 100 degrees Celsius and 212 F. Water, however, evaporates at freezing temps too. It's just the rate of evaporation is much lower. That's why ice cubes in an ice cube tray get smaller over time. You do not have to get the oil temps into the boiling temp of water to get moisture out of the tank.

The bubbles could be from a few of areas. The turbo sump pump be scavenging air in the absence of oil, the dry sump system may be scavenging air. The other, may be more serious, blowby in the cylinders causing excessive exhaust gases to enter the system. I would suggest a leakdown test to see if any of the cylinders are low.

What type of oil are you using?
Werk I Zuffenhausen 3.3l/330BHP Engine with Sonderwunsch Cams, FabSpeed Headers, Kokeln IC, Twin Plugged Electromotive Crankfire, Tial Wastegate(0.8 Bar), K27 Hybrid Turbo, Ruf Twin-tip Muffler, Fikse FM-5's 8&10x17, 8:41 R&P
Old 02-05-2008, 10:48 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #15 (permalink)