Thread: Bubbles???
View Single Post
Forced Induction Junkie

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by timc View Post
AMSOIL 20/50 racing. If I was getting blowby, then wouldn't I see some evidence of this when I removed my oil cap a bit of pressure????
Yes, if you have the oil breather line that runs from the tank to the oil separator and then on to the air filter is plugged. But otherwise, no.
I just thought of another remote possibility, the engine scavenge pump pickup is cracked. Like "quattrorunner" suggested, anything on the suction side will put bubbles in the oil. Anything on the pressure side of the oil system, will bleed oil.

I would suggest you contact cnavarro using this thread ( Ultimate Motor Oil Thread or Why we hate CJ4/SM oils )and see what the anti-foaming characteristics of this oil are. You definitely got foaming going on and some oils are more resistant to foaming than others. And by foaming I mean the oil's ability to retain bubbles. This is primarily due to the surface tension of the oil. One of the properties of detergents, is to reduce the surface tension of a liquid.

Miguel,
I don't know where you get your information, but it is totally incorrect. There is no scientific evidence you can provide that would state otherwise.
Werk I Zuffenhausen 3.3l/330BHP Engine with Sonderwunsch Cams, FabSpeed Headers, Kokeln IC, Twin Plugged Electromotive Crankfire, Tial Wastegate(0.8 Bar), K27 Hybrid Turbo, Ruf Twin-tip Muffler, Fikse FM-5's 8&10x17, 8:41 R&P

Last edited by WERK I; 02-06-2008 at 07:29 AM.. Reason: can't spell ;o)
Old 02-06-2008, 07:28 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #22 (permalink)