View Single Post

While the hand-wringing over the Presidential election has become a national pasttime

...let's be real. I doubt any of you are gonna move to switzerland or Australia or Mexico. Atleast not because Hillary or Obama or McCain or Huckabee gets elected.

Let's face it...the mess our country is in didn't happen over night. Yeah its Bush's fault. And Bill's fault. And Bush 1.0's fault. And dare I say Reagan's fault. And yadadadada ad nauseum.

Regardless of who gets elected POTUS we will face some serious problems. And it ain't gonna be a cakewalk getting past them. There are gonna have to be some real sacrifices to get this country back on track. Yeah...we'll have to pay more taxes. Yeah, some entitlements will have to be cut. Starting with welfare and corporate welfare at the same time. The middle class is gonna be hit as well as the wealthy.

I worked in DC during the Reagan years and again in Clinton years as a congressional liason for a federal agancy and can tell you there's not a dime's bit of difference between either party behind closed doors.

Our government seems to work best when one party occuppies the executive branch and the other is in control of the legislative branch. It forces them to compromise and reach some reasonable direction that makes everybody unhappy and therefore it is patently fair.

Me? I'm thinking about Costa Rica

Last edited by Dueller; 02-06-2008 at 01:49 PM..
Old 02-06-2008, 01:36 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)