View Single Post

IC tube, Wooosh, 1 bar spring, and perf. IC

I forgot...I do have a 10" round paper cleaner that mounts to the intake that I can use to replace the K&N. My question is more pertaining to the Wooosh noise upon boost. The noise is more like what I perceive would be coming from the air pump system if one of the hoses was disconnected. It isn't a turbo noise (I have owned the car for 12 years and never heard the noise before...And I know its not the K&N filter, because I had that on shortly before I did everything else and the noise wasn't there. I thought maybe its a normal noise coming out of the waste gate that I never heard before since previously I had a muffler on it vs. a straight pipe. But even if that were the case, I don't know if the waste gate lets pressure out as the turbo is spinning up before it reaches its max .8 bar pressure? I believe the RPM is about 3,000 plus when the wooosh starts. The turbo is a K27.

The hard pipe between the turbo and the IC is the factory stock one. Someone is probably correct stating that the headers are probably just higher than the stock system which is forcing the turbo higher...which makes the factory hard pipe not quite fit properly.

Where is a good place to get a silicon tube for between the turbo and intercooler? As you know, one side has a bigger diameter than the other, so I'm guessing it has to be a pretty specialized silicon tube. Thanks guys! Geoff
Old 02-08-2008, 09:07 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)