View Single Post
Macht Schnell

Quote:
Originally Posted by RarlyL8 View Post
You know, that is really a crock of $hit.
Those gages have to be one of the top 10 biggest Porsche rip-offs going. Mine wasn't right from day one. The price they charge is ludicrous yet we keep buying this junk.

I can make a Vac/Boost gage that fits in the clock spot for less that $100 BUYING ALL THE PARTS RETAIL.
Heh,

Hi Brian, sorry to here that "some" of these have malfunctioned. Let's say none had malfunctioned, would you have liked yours? Mine, so far, has been perfect. I really like the telltale to let me know if "something has caused an over or under boost. It's hard to keep your eyes on the gauge when you're watching the road and the tach. There is no doubt that it is probably "the most expensive" boost gauge out there.

There is also the "aura" of the 934 that myself amongst others like. If mine screws up, I'll talk to NHS or Palo Alto and see if we can figure out the "flaw" and permanently fix it.

However, mine works flawlessly and I love that little "Crock of $hit" where that Piece of $hit clock was.

I always kept my non functional clock pointing straight up 12:00. When someone mentioned the clock didn't work, I told them it was a directional compass showing what direction the car was traveling. Occasionally it was 90-180 degrees off though ;-)

It was at that point I got the Boost gauge. I just couldn't abide a gauge that was that inaccurate!!

Les
---Les Garten---85 930, Andial IC, GHL Headers, Fabspeed Dual, K-27 HF2, 3.4 JE Full Finned 7.5:1 CR, 964 CAM'd, Carerra 3.2 Manifold Cut/Flipped, Tec3r, Siemans 55#, GSF Fuel Rails, Clewett Crank Trigger, Clewett Cam Trigger,Dual Plugged, ARP Head Studs/Rod Bolts, Clewett Wires.Tial 46mm WG, Tial 50mm BOV, WEVO Shifter,934 Boost Gauge, Wideband EGO Sensor/Gauge, C2T Head Gaskets, '88 MB 300TE,BMW R100RT
Old 02-10-2008, 08:07 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #56 (permalink)