View Single Post

Brian,

Welcome. You came to the right place. But you should also be aware of the www.rennlist.com site, which has a very active forum for technical assistance. Many people here post on both sites. The problems you're looking to solve are common to 911s and 930s, and many people have beaten down that path. They're well within your reach, even if you haven't wrenched on your car before, if you have patience, the right tools, and some good advice.

I suggest you find a fellow Rennlister or Pelican who can counsel you in person -- someone with experience who can come over and see your car, help you diagnose the problem(s) and counsel you on the repair. A mentor, of sorts. There should be many, many people in your area who fit the bill. I hope someone will volunteer to help. Oh, and Wayne's book is an excellent resource.

First, I wouldn't jump to any conclusions yet about the source of your oil leaks. It may indeed be that the oil return tubes are leaking again, but there are other possibilities too (including the head to cam tower sealing surface) that could be an issue. Regarding the heat exchangers, the factory units had holes in them for accessing certain header bolts. But aftermarket headers with heater boxes do not have these holes. Perhaps you have aftermarket units? Removing them is not necessarily difficult, but it's really important not to break any of the head studs, so precautions should be taken there.

Good luck with your project.

Rob

Last edited by Rob 930; 02-11-2008 at 05:53 PM..
Old 02-11-2008, 07:58 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)