View Single Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by WydRyd View Post
AHHHH, that's a different story! I thought you were referring to the 3.2 CARRERA motor!

Anyway, yes, it can be done on a 993 with the right changes to engine management. I believe the system running on that 993 is a Protomotive system. Protomotive have built their reputation on developing aftermarket kits for the naturally aspirated platforms and know their ***** when it comes to aftermarket turbocharging. Send Todd Knighton an e-mail... top guy

Hello, the project referred to in that post is in fact mine, here is a working link:
http://www.6speedonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=93992

Todd K certainly does know his stuff, but there are no Protomotive parts on my car. It is a completely custom setup I built myself, including an aftermarket ECU that is completely programmable (which I also tuned myself).

To the thread starter: As others have already said, having full control of ignition timing is key to keeping detonation at bay when running boost and higher CR. I am only running 6 psi on my setup, and I have to keep timing relatively low to run normal pump gas. If I run 110 leaded I can of course run more timing (and make a bit more power) without seeing any knock. Also, using an ECU that has knock feedback controls (such as the AEM I am running) can save you in case you have a bad tank of gas.

If you have any questions feel free to send me a PM. Good luck with your project.
Brett
Old 02-11-2008, 01:40 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #30 (permalink)