View Single Post
Macht Schnell

Quote:
Originally Posted by pkracer21j View Post
I think he was acknowledging the wear on the drivers seat bolster is a lot for 25k. I think the performance numbers could be accurate because yellowbird was still an all steel 911 with the stock fenders. the dp cars weigh in around 2200-2300 lbs if I remember correctly. so the reduced weight and better aerodynamics of the slantnose add up. I know the 935's came in at just over 2000lbs race ready. VZ935 could you verify this?
I have an '85 930. It had aftermarket Recaro's when I bought it with 22,000 on the clock. The driver's bolster looked just like that. The Sport seat bolsters really take a beating because they stick out so much more than the regular seats. In my "Limited" experience, you can get that much wear in that particular spot on the seats in 25K miles.

I pulled out the Recaro's, stripped and redyed them and you couldn't tell the scuff's were there.

Les
---Les Garten---85 930, Andial IC, GHL Headers, Fabspeed Dual, K-27 HF2, 3.4 JE Full Finned 7.5:1 CR, 964 CAM'd, Carerra 3.2 Manifold Cut/Flipped, Tec3r, Siemans 55#, GSF Fuel Rails, Clewett Crank Trigger, Clewett Cam Trigger,Dual Plugged, ARP Head Studs/Rod Bolts, Clewett Wires.Tial 46mm WG, Tial 50mm BOV, WEVO Shifter,934 Boost Gauge, Wideband EGO Sensor/Gauge, C2T Head Gaskets, '88 MB 300TE,BMW R100RT
Old 02-12-2008, 08:03 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #15 (permalink)