View Single Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by gumba View Post
Though not a 935, they were marketed by DP as DP935's. Not sure what the difference between the Kremer & DP was since DP did the body work for Kremer. The DP photo gallery page shows the same body work, except the 3rd light mounting in the tail. I have photos showing the same i/c with DP & Kremer logos.
I asked the seller for a copy of the '87 article, maybe he just quoted the article.
Here is a link to a 1984 Car & Driver article on a DP. Weight 2900 lbs., top speed 160. There are a few other articles on the site if you can read Swedish or German.
http://www.dp935registry.com/index.php?page=text&id=caranddriver
All the above information seems accurate. DP built the Kevlar body for Kremer racing 935 K2 in the late 70s and thru early 80s K3. I have a 1984 Kremer. It designates it as a 1984 kremer 935 street 2 (the old 70s k2 race body ) in the build letter documentation from Manfred Kremer. The performance lists 192 top speed with 480 HP. It differs from the original thread topic 1987 as it has the different LeMans nose and full Kevlar body. It was Designed by and built for Mario Andretti so it could be the begining of later built Kremer street 935 K2 and subsequent DP built cars. Kremer returned to building some k2 as the 1987 on Ebay indicates however it differs from my early 935 street 2 with more standard production bumpers, inner metal door sills etc, instead of Kevlar

Last edited by voitureltd; 02-16-2008 at 06:40 PM..
Old 02-12-2008, 09:52 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #21 (permalink)