View Single Post
DPHANS

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by wblackw9 View Post
I am no expert on turbo conversion for the CIS but there is plenty of people on this forum that will help. As far as i know you use the standard airbox. Ignore all the other parts in this picture it is just to show the boot that would be used. Unfortunately the boot has been out of production for some time at the original supplier as i have contacted them thanks to the nature of the business i work in. Shame as if i could buy them direct still i would be able to purchase them at just 2.58 Euro each!!! I have spoke to the supplier but due to tooling reassembly and material costs it would no longer be cost affefctive to reproduce these, howerever i am sure there are after market companies that produce them or second hand ones around, keep looking on ebay i have seen some come up a few times. They also use them on VW golf MK1 but the smaller hole is slightly oval, not a problem tho as you could easily fit a round pipe in, Also the VW one is available from the main dealer still at 14.99 if i remember correctly. I think the part number was 6105847469 UK number obviously. I used to work for VW also and they assured me its available.
Hi download the work shop manuals for CIS. www.garagecare.se
Old 02-13-2008, 11:55 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)