View Single Post

Garage
Do our injectors make noise?

My 87 CIS 930 started making a ticking noise under load that seems to start around 2000 rpm and goes away once boost comes up. It does not have any regular rythm to the noise sounds similar to a vacuum cleaner going over the kids dirty room, as it pulls up little bits of junk, only much quieter. I can only hear it with the windows up. I am afraid it is detonation, but it seems odd that I cannot hear it at higher or full boost. I have checked my plugs, normal. Checked AFR, very rich throughout the entire operating range. just adjusted valves (backside method) thinking it could be noisy valves, that wasn't it. My GSF headers glow slightly in the heater box. I can see inside because I still do not have the proper size hose to connect them. I used the crappy exhaust gaskets supplied with the kit. I can't tell if they are leaking or not. I ordered some good ones but have not yet installed them. I have not pulled the injectors yet. Has anyone ever heard these injectors make a noise similar to this?
Anyway, if anyone has any thoughts on this, I would love to hear them.

Eric
87 930 gsf headers fabspeed single out, K27S, Kokeln IC, C2 style diverter valve, Tial wastegate.

Last edited by e170drvr; 02-14-2008 at 01:02 PM..
Old 02-14-2008, 12:57 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)