View Single Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by pkracer21j View Post
well, if the Kremer street cars can run 1.3 bar, then I don't see why everyone is scared to go over1 bar. they've been doing it since the 70's.
Hear Hear. I have seen the boost on my Kremer street version occasionally go over 1.3 bar when using 100+ octane leaded fuel. It shows no ill effects with over 12,000 miles,albiet not on maxium every drive. Some of the internal mods according to the spec sheet from Manfred Kremer are Group B cams, enlarged and polished ports, fully matched and modified cylinder heads, using some 956 technology along with modified turbo, special intercooler, waste gates, fuel enrichment and exhaust system resulting in 480 HP. I would also suspect a lower compression of 7.0 or less and ignition timing changes. They along with Porsche and others long ago realized the advantages of a lower fixed compression ratio and boost that is adjustable to achieve maxium performance output depending on Fuel,humidity,temperature,altitude etc.

Last edited by voitureltd; 02-20-2008 at 09:16 AM..
Old 02-14-2008, 05:44 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #38 (permalink)