View Single Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by polizei View Post
I'm still working on gathering parts for my turbo project, and I've got a few questions about what to do concerning my heat exchangers. Please keep in mind that I'm trying to avoid spending a lot of money on this part as my goal is to just get it up and running this year on light boost.

Right now, I have the stock Carrera heat exchangers in place. Todd from Protomotive quoted me $500 to have a J pipe fabricated for my heat exchangers. That seems a bit pricey, but it's not a bad solution for this year. Would their be any advantage to switching out to 930 heat exchangers over my Carrera? Henry at supertec qutoed me $200 for a J pipe on the 930 heat exchangers. Is there another scenario you would recommend for a budget setup? If anyone has a decent set of headers their looking to sell, let me know. Thanks!

The j pipe is the same for both situations so remember that.. As I suggested before this is the simplest set up and will meet all your expectations . Don't over invest as most gains will not even be noticed by seat of the pants.. Just be good quality stuff and you will be fine.. Don't go thinking there will be a huge difference between the stock set up vs. headers of any brand. There will be some gains but not as much as the investment.. Most spool gains will bne from turbo back components and cam timing

And for goodness sakes look at the meth/alc injection instead of the IC it will pay off for you in the long run

Current project 73 914-6 Gt project rusteration 2.4
Reproduction 914-6 oil tanks, 1-5/8" 914-6 heat exchangers source call 2623647426 or email mbconsulting21 @gmail.com
Old 02-15-2008, 07:20 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)