View Single Post
Macht Schnell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barracuda View Post
Hmmm, Now You just brought up another point I didn't think about.
I am also installing the PLX DM5 AFR Gauge/Kit simultaneously, which means the supplied WBO2 sensor will completely take the place of my current narrowband/standard O2 Sensor. Am I OK mounting it as You described? Meaning it will handle the "stock" function as well as delivering the AFR readings to the gauge in Wideband (It simulates a narrowband signal to keep the stock computer happy, just FYI in case not known). Thanks
Some of PLX's Sensor Modules and sensors will do Narrowband emulation along with the WB reading. It is hit or miss whether that will work for you. Some people sing the PLX get it to work, some don't. They have Docs on their site about this. You may want to call them, they are very helpful. Y

ou want your wideband after the Turbo. Some folks say that arrowbands work better before the turbo because they stay hot and so forth. Not entirely certain i agree with that. Everybody says to put the WB after the turbo.

Hope that helps.

If I were you, I wold have another bung welded into the muffler inlet and mount your WB there and leave the factory sensor alone.

Les
---Les Garten---85 930, Andial IC, GHL Headers, Fabspeed Dual, K-27 HF2, 3.4 JE Full Finned 7.5:1 CR, 964 CAM'd, Carerra 3.2 Manifold Cut/Flipped, Tec3r, Siemans 55#, GSF Fuel Rails, Clewett Crank Trigger, Clewett Cam Trigger,Dual Plugged, ARP Head Studs/Rod Bolts, Clewett Wires.Tial 46mm WG, Tial 50mm BOV, WEVO Shifter,934 Boost Gauge, Wideband EGO Sensor/Gauge, C2T Head Gaskets, '88 MB 300TE,BMW R100RT
Old 02-15-2008, 01:52 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)