Thread: purchase advice
View Single Post

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by jurhip View Post
Hi,
I am looking at a 86 930 with over 110K miles. Asking price is below 30K. Car seemed to be in solid mechanical condition will all records from the original owner.
Only items I see are small. Interior is probably a 6/10 (small things like one rear jump seat doesn't latch), HVAC knobs come off (one is missing). But all items work, HVAC is good, seat good, etc...
Paint appears to be original and in a condition you would expect from a car driven over 100K miles. Only problem I see is a small rust bubble beneath the paint inside the rain gutter on the passenger a-pillar.

Would appreciate your advice. I do not mind small projects, but at this time in my life, I do not have the time for large ones.

Thanks
I've been watching all TURBOS on ebay and Craigs list for about 2 months. Mid-miles (50K) are asking $30-35K but bids are not getting that high and they go unsold. Most offered at higher miles do sell for $25K but usually have much more than that in them due to a motor rebuild costs and upgrades.
Slant noses and CABs are coming out, presumably to cash out before the fall but I never see them sell because the asking price is over $40-45. Usually the bid stops at the conditions above for coupes.
A P-Car engine builder tells me all TURBOS need some level of engine work so bid accordingly.
Due for major engine work, even $25K is too much for this one.

Last edited by copbait73; 02-18-2008 at 05:45 AM..
Old 02-17-2008, 09:16 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)