View Single Post

Fell off this week guys....work got in the way. My tool kit is pretty sparse so even something as simple as removing a wheel sent me to the store. My ratchet was too short to give me enough leverage to get the right rear wheel off (I'm sure it was tightened with an air gun).

It appears that at least one of my oil lines in this area is leaking. The strange thing is that the area is very moist/oily and before I cleaned up 2 weeks ago there was a major oil loss from the car. Like a puddle. It was in the vicinity of the right rear area. Since I cleaned up there is hardly a drop on the ground. With that much oil loss I would expect to see oil leaking pretty steadily.

Also, this bad oil leak started after the car had been sitting for quite some time. I was expecting to see the leak pretty easily after cleaning up...perhaps the oil level is now lower than the leak? The way the car is leaking right now I wouldn't even care...barely a few drops. I'm guessing if I filled the oil up to it's proper level the leak would get worse again. I had never seen that much oil under the car before.

I'm looking to replace some of these tubes and sent a picture to Glenn at Pelican to help me figure out what I need. I'm attaching that picture here as well.

NathanUK....I'll attach some other pics of the car soon.

JLY535....that has worked in the past...not this time

Rob930....thanks for the clarification. I sprayed the nuts/bolts with WD40 (Is there something better than WD40?) yesterday and will do it again this week. I'll try and start removing things next weekend. There are definite leaks that look to require the removal but I'm going to check it out further before proceeding. I'm in no hurry.

Thanks everyone.

Old 02-18-2008, 09:16 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)