View Single Post
After the next project

Garage
Leaks

Hello Brian,

I will try and help if I can. I own an 87 930 and just replaced some of the similar lines you have.

A) Thermostat (located inside the front side of your passenger rear wheel well) to Engine Line. This line much be replaced from the thermostat (the hard and soft portion of the line) to the other hard line that bolts to your crankcase

B) Thermostat to oil Tank Line. This line also must be replaced from the thermostat to the oil tank including the hard and soft portion of the line.

C) Not sure on this one. I think this one comes from your oil separator that is located inside your engine compartment behind the oil fill tube. This line is not under any pressure (if I'm correct on what it is) and may stop leaking once tightened. There is a connecting socket just inside your engine tin if you follow that line. You will see two hose clamps and these may need to be tightened. Oil can seep out of this connector and run down your line (C) and appear to be leaking. You will need to take out your air box (will make it easier) to reach these lines as they are deep in the back corner of the motor.

D) This looks like your "S" line. This is also an easy fix.

All of these lines are available from the host and are reasonably priced.

Good luck with the fix,

Bryan
Old 02-18-2008, 10:26 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)