View Single Post
Crotchety Old Bastard

Garage
A Solution to Muffler Fitment Issues with Headers

I've run into a few muffler fitment issues with customers who are using aftermarket headers, heat exchangers, and turbos.
It doesn't take much deviation from stock to throw off the angle of the turbo outlet. That angle is amplified by the length of the muffler body.

I've been working with Ben (M&K) to come up with a solution that will add adjustment without adding too much cost or potential failure points. This is what we have come up with for the stock outlet configuration. I am very pleased with it and will begin testing the system to find potential problems. Right now the only thing I don't like is the addition of 2 band clamps that will hold the tailpipe in place. It may be a small price to pay for custom perfect fitment.
It took me all of 15 minutes to remove my current muffler and install the modular unit - without jacking the car or removing the bumper or valance.

Old 02-19-2008, 07:05 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)