View Single Post
resident samsquamch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck Jones View Post
I have been a supporter of Michael and B6 for some time....mostly because I know what it's like to try to start a new business and run into unforseen problems...
I will preface my comments by stating up front that I have NO EXPERIENCE with B6 or their product.

I can agree with Chuck up to a certain point. It is not easy getting a business off the ground. As I mentioned long a go in a Rennlist post about B6, I think this is a classic example of what happens when you hit the market before you are truly ready - before the product is thoroughly tested from many angles and possibilities.

Before I transitioned into IT Project Management, I used work as a Controller for manufacturing based companies. I can tell you from experience...HONESTY IS THE BEST POLICY!!!! Whether dealing with vendors or customers or fellow employees over payroll issues, tell it like it is and then deliver! If you can't deliver, be honest! Don't hide! Work out a plan! In the end, try to deliver more! Exceed expectations.

I will site RarlyL8's venture as an excellent example of how to get 'er done in the Porsche Community! I'm sure he's juggling many plates: family life, his real job, his hobbies, et al. in addition to his parts business. But he ALWAYS communicates. His word and good name mean something! NO EMPTY PROMISES! And to my knowledge, there are no weird, conflicting stories and/or experiences about dealing with him from a business perspective (can't comment on his personal life )!!!!

I dunno, at what point does benefit of doubt expire? For every good story with B6 there is a bad one.
"Ladies and Gentlemen, from Boston Massachusetts, we are Morphine, at your service..." - Mark Sandman (RIP)
Old 02-19-2008, 12:55 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #14 (permalink)