View Single Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredmeister View Post
Gino,
Thanks for posting the info.
Do you know how much hp was gained from each item individually. I have the following changes I made in one shot on my car:
-K27S turbo
-B&B I/C
-all emission plumbing deleted
-GSF headers
I still have the stock OEM muffler and wastegate (0.8bar)
I figure conservatively making 300-310RWHP with these mods, and was looking for confirmation from the other board members....
What I was really wondering how much more to gain from a 1.0 bar spring and then 964 cams once I blow the engine and it needs a top end rebuild, as these both start to impact engine longevity and cost respectively.
I have 8.0:1 C/R, SC cams, K27/HF, Kokeln, GHL headers, stock wastegate and I re-fitted a factory RoW muffler: 395 FWHP, 330 RWHP. Eminently streetable.

It made 310 FWHP with 8.0:1 & SC cams, stock turbo, I/C and RoW headers with a big pipe instead of a muffler...

964 cams will rob more off-boost performance than you'll gain at the top, I believe. so it pretty much depends where/how you want to drive.

A K27/HF (NLA) or HFS should both flow more air at the top end than your current turbo. I don't know how fast the K27/S spools, but my car makes .5 bar @ 2500 under load on the rollers..

I seem to recall Craig 930 saying once that each .1 bar was worth about 20 HP - but that he wouldn't bother getting HP that way, due to the increased wear/heat/stress.
Old 02-20-2008, 12:40 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #13 (permalink)