View Single Post

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by les_garten View Post
Hi,
A little off your topic here, but if I had a 911s with some triple draft carbies on it, there's no way I would mess with the beauty of it with a Turbo. I might try to increase displacement, clean it up, plumb in some SS lines, refurb the interior, etc. Personally, I just think there is beauty in those old engines!

Just my .02
off topic? not at all. I appreciate this. I have pained about this. If the numbers matched I wouldnt even consider it. But boy it would be fun.

I think its not even possible. I mean its possible but the compression would make it like a race car. Good for one day or two and then time to rebuild. Dont think I want that but I thought id get some feedback from the powers that be.

Shes quite fast as she was. I mean tired old engine use to just scream at about 3400. It was unnerving. then one night at 11pm around 60mph. Oil pressure - 0, oil sump 0. aaahhhh turned it off immediatley and coasted to a gas station. too late. : ((( she was gone. I tried turning the crank with a big ass ratchet. Wouldnt budge a bit. bummer.
Old 02-21-2008, 07:15 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)