View Single Post

Since page 1, there's been some significant money spent on mods to gain POWER, but I didn't notice anyone else suggesting gearing. Its not all about HP & TQ. There is the 'drivability issue' and without question I found the gear set changes to a shorter 2, 3 and 4th to be the biggest factor to the leveraging of these mods. Without question the car feels three times as fast (quicker) with the COMBINATION of more power and short gears.

Not being a racer, 145 mph top speed is fine with me. The best part is the fact that traveling on regualr side roads at 45-60 my 3rd gear allows for instant boost as I'm 'in the proper rpm zone'. before I had to wind out driving in 2nd, or practcally idle if in 3rd. And similarly when on the hwy at 65-75 again I'm in the zone for instant boost already at 3000 rpm.

Just another observation... does anyone have the similar mods spoken, but did an R&P change? not quite the same result as gear sets, but anything to and along the lines of Drivability and Fun Factor?
Old 02-21-2008, 08:28 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #65 (permalink)