View Single Post
Certifiable

Send a message via Yahoo to Quicksilver77
Should I take the plunge on this one?

Fellow Pelicans,
I come before you to ask your opinion on the following 930. I live in CA and will have to do some work to get it "legal" in my state, as the car currently resides in Atlanta, GA.
Here is the low down. It has 90k on the clock, is a 2-3 owner car and has a lot of mods as listed below by the current owner:
Quote:
1987 Porsche 930. I have owned the car for the past nine years. It has been meticulously maintained. Everything works, and there are no stories or problems with the vehicle. All of the work and modifications listed have been performed by a professional Porsche mechanic since I have owned it. No corners have been cut with any of the mods. I have receipts for all work done.

Engine completely rebuilt with new cylinders and pistons at 77,796 miles
Displacement increased to 3.4 L
Kokeln intercooler
GHL stainless headers
Borla stainless single outlet muffler
SC cams
Powerflow intake with cone style air filter
Andial fuel enrichment system
1 Bar spring in wastegate
Gearbox has been rebuilt
Sachs aluminum clutch at 85,743 miles
Aluminum flywheel at 85,743 miles
Bilstein Sport shocks
Adjustable heavy duty rear sway bar
Weltmeister front shock brace
Lowered and corner balanced
18" 3.6 Turbo, 3 piece wheels, powder coated black with colored crests
Michelin Pilot Sport Cup tires
Momo "Race" steering wheel
Momo shift knob
Aluminum pedals
Factory power Sport seats
Over $30K in receipts

This care looks and performs absolutely great. I have thoroughly enjoyed owning and driving it over the years. I am ready to move on to something else.
End Quote

Additionally, the owner states that the paint is still glossy, although you really can not tell from most of the pictures, there have been no accidents, although there has been some paint work. And he swears I will not be disappointed upon seeing the car.
I am going to receive faxed copies of all the major services come Monday just to verify, and I have already contacted the shop which performed the services, and although it is a while ago they say that the car was in great shape the last time they saw it, and that there were no cut corners in the rebuilds.
The car will be scheduled for a PPI this coming week at Hennessy Porsche. The tentative deal is roughly $30k upon passing PPI and then my personal inspection upon flying out to collect the car.
What do you all think? If you have any other questions or would like any other relevant information please let me know and I will see if I can fish it out.

Well? What do you think?
Old 02-21-2008, 09:14 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)