View Single Post

It looks like a really nice car, Quicky. It was on e-bay for about a week ending Feb 17th, where it went unpurchased after 17 bids reaching $26,100 with the reserve price not being met. FYI, it is almost impossible finding cats and the stock muffler for these things except for new factory Porsche units @ the dealer which are quite expensive. I went through the search a while back and couldn't find anything aftermarket or from a salvage yard. I guess you could have the combo unit (cat and muffler) custom made for you. Being in Arizona, I had Midas make me a custom muffler that tied into the air system just to get through emissions, and once I passed I just put on the aftermarket muffler, disconnecting the air system. Maybe they could do the same with cats, too. And...Maybe someone else could chime in on this for you. Getting through emissions can be hit or miss depending on whether they are doing a decent physical inspection or not (luckily, most inspectors really don't know what they are looking for on these Porsche's, but that may not always be the case). But on the emissions test itself, you can have a Porsche shop adjust your settings down so you can pass that part of the inspection, and then have them adjust it back up once you pass. Hope this helped. Geoff
Old 02-22-2008, 05:17 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #10 (permalink)