View Single Post

The four relays on the relay board are for the heater blower, the rear window defogger, the fuel pump, and finally the fuel injection controller. The fuese are for the heater blower and the rear window defoger, I think.

I had problems on numerous occasions with my fuel pump. The power goes from the ingnition switch to the fuel injection power relay, through the FI control box, to the fuel pump relay, and then to the fuel pump. My problems generally related to the wires between the FI control box and the relay board. The wires got brittle with age. I had to carefully cut the plastic tube off of the wiring harness to find the broken wires and then splice them. Once I had to drive 600 miles the next day and did not have time to find the problem, so I actually ran a wire from the battery through a fuse into the passenger compartment to a switch and then to the fuel pump. It got me home where I finally found the problem.

On another occasion the fault was actually a bad ground for the FI controller. On the top of the engine at the transmision end is a three pronged ground lug. I had one wire break at the connector and the fuel injection controller would not turn on, therefore no fuel pump.

Whatever you do, remember that when the key is first turned from stop to run, the fuel pump will only run for a second or two. It will not run again until the engine is running.

Good Luck!

Bobbitt
Old 09-03-1999, 12:49 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)