View Single Post
resident samsquamch

Quote:
Originally Posted by sand_man View Post
No doubt...that golden oldy had me rolling! I need to add that one to my list of words that must be used when dealing with the executive level management at work.

I'll try to post pictures of what intake I'm running on my car these days...let's just say I've gone back to stock with a simple twist.
Pics as promised. Removing parts is one thing, but I hate cutting up OEM factory parts, so instead of drilling holes or busting out the cutting wheel, I noticed that the filter cover is actually hinged. So I just tapped out the hinge pin and removed it. I then used the cover clasp to hold one end of the filter and a large binder clip to hold the other side...it stays very tight. I removed the small air cleaner (ala RarlyL8 style) that I was running, because it made the engine compartment look a little too unfinished. In addition, many folks asked me what sized Holley 4-barrel I was running whenever they saw my exposed engine! LOL! Granted my access isn't as good, but that's okay, I like this.

"Ladies and Gentlemen, from Boston Massachusetts, we are Morphine, at your service..." - Mark Sandman (RIP)
Old 02-24-2008, 07:36 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)