View Single Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by les_garten View Post
Hello,
I have an '85 930, it has the pressure fed tensioners from the factory. I always thought that when the 930 got the Hydraulic tensioners that they were the same as the Carerra, basically a convergence. If that's true, that should answer your question. I think you can look on Pelican and see if it is the same replacement parts for Carerras and 930's. I believe they are the same.
Hydraulic tensioners were not available until the 84 model year with the introduction of the 3.2 Carreras.. (possibly 83 in Europe as they release ROW cars and upgrades earlier, however since I live in the US I speak about US Spec).. thus they are the same tensioner. an 85 930 would be a ROW car and would have these as an upgrade.. or as a superseded part #.. of course 930 owners in the US did not see this until 87 when 930s were again imported.

In essence if it's the hydraulic tensioner being addressed then the Carrera and 930 part are one and the same.

P-
RGruppe #180
So many cars..so little time!!
Old 02-24-2008, 09:07 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #13 (permalink)