View Single Post

Send a message via AIM to JP Noonan
Well if you had a D-jet we would be all set but this L-Jet mumbo jumbo...

O.K. from my failing memory (amazing how a receeding hair line can make you fell old) the D-Jet uses one of the two fuses in the relay board, and one of the four relays (the other fuse is for the heater blower, the other relays are for the ECU power, Rear defrost, and I think the last one is also for the blower) for power. The pump turns on for a few seconds to build preessure then turns off until the engine RPM is greater than 100 RPM. Now that said, you have a L-Jet.

I THINK that the fuel pump relay is not in the relay board but is one of two "combonation relay" that is under/next to the battery. It looks like two relays stuck together. The L-jet pump is controlled by the opening of the air flow meter. Manually opening the vane (or the vaccuum caused by the cranking motor) should send a signal to the pump to opperate.

So what I would do (that means alot) is to clean the contacts on the combo relay, then wack it real good, just to make my self fell better . Clean the ground contact for the pump (it is a welded on tab under the tank but you can "just" reach it though the access hole) and both the contacts on the pump. Turn the key on and manually open the vane meter to see if the pump turns on.

Also look at the 914 fans web site. There is a fuel system tech article that is about the pump. Sorry I can't remember if it only about the D-Jet or not.
Old 09-03-1999, 11:01 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)