View Single Post
Acceleration Junkie

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Porschephd View Post
Well if pressure holds then we need to look else where, same with the WUR and pressures. If you have to feed it throttle that means the plate needs movement and is to lean to start and the aid in moving the plate a bit helps. Unless you tell me it bellows fuel when it does start then we are to rich, but flooring it during start up would also work and you make note it doesn't.

Things to check, CO when hot. Also check the height of the fuel plate. If the adjustment is off then the plate maybe be to high and not allowing enough movement.

Why will it start cold, well the CSI is doing its job. When hot it shuts down and lets the plate inject as it sees demand form the motor darning cranking.
Dr.
If I feed it a little throttle, it will start - but, if it does not start on the first crank, forget starting it within the next 15-minutes. No throttle, half throttle, full throttle does nothing - it's as though no fuel, period. I also sense on start the engine is lean for it does not come alive the same as when it's cold. Kinda get the feeling it's not going to keep running, then it does.
I believe you may have put your finger on the problem. I disassembled the air box to polish it, re-assembled as I believed it was. Did not know fuel plate was sensitive to height or for that matter adjustable. It does seem to sit slightly above level in its cavity. The cavity is closed but more than 1/2 the thickness of the plate is above what I perceive as 'neutral.' Is the adjustment straight forward? Easily accessible in an engine compartment without room to work in?
Many thanks for your help.
Chris
Old 02-24-2008, 09:31 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)