View Single Post
Metal Guru

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by mb911 View Post
Don't over invest as most gains will not even be noticed by seat of the pants.. Just be good quality stuff and you will be fine.. Don't go thinking there will be a huge difference between the stock set up vs. headers of any brand. There will be some gains but not as much as the investment.. Most spool gains will be from turbo back components and cam timing
Ben, that is an interesting statement.

Over on Rennlist a while back I asked a similar question about headers vs. stock exhaust. I asked people to post any back-to-back dyno data they might have. Everyone had an opinion but no one had any data. It reminded me of the standard advice on SSI headers over on the 911 Technical forum.
As for me, I'd love to see some numbers since if there is data that supports this I can quit planning on buying headers that are way expensive and not as durable as the O.E. exhaust.

Does anyone have any back-to-back dyno data?
Port matched, SC cams, K27/K29 turbo, Roush Performance custom headers w/Tial MV-S dual wastegates, Rarlyl8 muffler, LWFW, GT2 clutch & PP, BL wur, factory RS shifter, RS mounts, FVD timing mod, Big Reds, H&R Coilovers, ESB spring plates- 210 lb
Old 02-25-2008, 02:17 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)