View Single Post
Crotchety Old Bastard

Garage
Doug,
I pulled my Bosch manual to verify what we discussed today. According to the manual which is specific for the early US/Euro 930s, the thermo time switch and the cold start injecter do indeed run in series.
That means the thermo time switch is aptly described; it will break the electrical connection to the cold start valve at both a preset time and temperature.
Should the switch fail in the closed position (least common) the cold start valve would remain on. Should the switch fail in the open position (most common) the cold start valve will not operate.

I cannot say that all 930s are wired this way but it would make sense that they are. I see no reason for the cold start valve to have its own power supply independant of the thermol time switch (unless used as a 7th injector, but that is a whole different ballgame and does not apply to your situation).

Others please chime in.
Old 02-25-2008, 09:23 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)