View Single Post

Send a message via AIM to Chuck Jones
When I was looking for a factory slant, I truly wanted to find one some distance away so that I could take that "trip of a lifetime" that so many of the guys refer to in their recollections of the first part of ownership. I found one back east...actually one of Sloane's cars, but it was a bit outside of my budget....so I hunted in earnest....every evening perusing the internet and every known Porsche forum, Craigslist, eBay, Hemmings, DuPont and more. I actually would sit and think about the drive back from some location in Oklahoma or Wisconsin....then one night at 1 AM I found it thru a new ad in Craigslist....and bought it..... a concours level factory slantnose convertible....covered up for several years in a private garage...three miles from my house. So my fantasy drive home covered maybe ten miles of detours in a very indirect route back home. I drove that car almost 5K miles in the first 8 months of ownership....but never did get my fantasy drive. Take advantage of this opportunity to do something that like you'll probably never do again. Like Voit said...put the smile on your face and enjoy pulling into a diner or a rest stop and sitting next to the window watching all the folks walk by and stop to admire YOUR car. If you do decide to drive it....make sure you tell us how many compliments you got on the drive back...give us a count.

All the best of times are ahead of you.
Old 02-25-2008, 11:21 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #21 (permalink)