View Single Post

Ohhhh yeah, do the drive!

Just the talk of it brings fond memories.
I bought a custom dually tow vehicle a couple years back and made an event of it.. Found the truck on ebay, no sale, haggled a month and as luck would have it I had business trip to KC, MO. Had a 2hr layover for the return trip.. the guy met me at the Airport, I checked -out the vehicle.. went to his bank, did the transfer got the title and he let me borrow his tags.

I left KC, MO on a Thursday headed east back to MD just outside of DC!... Oh, did I mention that this happened to be F1 weekend in INDY? Called my bud in Kansas, who happened to be in INDY and suggested that I stop by as they had room and extra tickets!.. Needless to say the weekend was a blast and I was on my way again Sunday eve.... let me tell ya the truckers on 40E and 70E dont F*@-K around .. I pushed 80-85 most of that trip east and they blew by me like I was standing still! Nice trip, pretty uneventful other than a ruptured trans cooler line and that happened the next day after arriving home.

Ok, so I know it's not a Porsche, however my point was just how much fun a trip like that can be.

On the other hand, I've had a couple of my cars moved by carrier to various events over the last couple of years for the sake of time.
You can figure minimum $1500-$2k enclosed from where your purchase is located to get it to you. Open will be $1000- $1500... prices could be a little off based on the current changes in fuel cost and the fact that my last transport was probably this time last year.

Give me a holler if you want me to post some carrier contact info....

Will post pics of the dually run later on..

Paul
RGruppe #180
So many cars.. so little time!!
Old 02-26-2008, 06:41 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #22 (permalink)