View Single Post

Garage
I agree with the drive it crowd. Chuck Jones summed it up really well. I drove mine 1000miles home after I landed in St. Paul, Minnesota.

I was fortunate (depending on how you look at it) enough to have some bad luck with the shipping company and they were dicking me around. I decided to take that money and spend it on a plane ticket and expenses to bring 'er home.

It was the second Porsche I had ever driven, and to be honest, I only had 5 mins of seat time in a Porsche the first time!

I remember VIVIDLY the entire trip. The PO picked me up at the airport and my heart never stopped (had nothing to do with the PO owner). When he opened the garage door...I couldn't believe that this beautiful piece of engineering was mine. We went for lunch and I was on my way after that. I giggled and smiled ALL the way home. My two biggest items were 1) those flare rear fenders peering out at me in the side view mirrors. I have goose bumps just thinking about this again. 2) I kept slowing down and speeding up to feel that onset rush of BOOST. That was so much fun. Ironically, that is the one and only time I had the car at what they claim is the top speed for it! What a rush.

It was an awesome trip. I should show you a picture of when I got home! My wife took a picture and I look like the biggest goof with a smile ear to ear like a 10 year old kid! It was/is my first Porsche.
2003 KX250 X2(I like my toys!!)
Old 02-26-2008, 11:46 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #26 (permalink)