View Single Post

help on 930 value

All,
I am looking at a '88 930 with 47000 miles and basically stock condition. Owner did install an intercooler when he first bought it in 1990. Owner did do a preliminary free inspection and for the most part it came up clean. Only items were a chattering clutch, engine oil leaks (still need clarification on what is actually leaking) and a leaking right front brake caliper. The last one is kinda strange as the inspection report did not list the brakes as needing any attention.

Car has all maintenance records. Given it checks out mechanically, what is this worth. I was thinking of offering 33K. Is this completely off base? I have been reading a researching a lot over the past 2 months but want some more opinons. The seller is older and does not drive the car anymore due to the purchase of a 996 TT (hopefully I will also be able to drive that at age 70). I also don't feel he "needs" to sell, but we budgeted 30K when we started this search. My wife is getting sick of the "hey look at this," "what do you think of this"....

Thanks.
Old 02-27-2008, 03:31 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)